By Adrian Kingsley-Hughes
Have you checked all the power strips in your home or office to make sure they’re not spying on you?
Pwnie Express have an upcoming product called the Power Pwn that could sit unnoticed in a home or work environment and yet be spying on an entire network.
The Power Pwn is described as “a fully-integrated enterprise-class penetration testing platform” that has an “ingenious form-factor” — which, I think is a euphemism for “easily hidden” — and as a “highly-integrated/modular hardware design”.
The Power Pwn is marketed as a penetration testing tool and is fully-loaded with hardware and software to allow it to hack into a number of different networks. The device features:
- Onboard high-gain 802.11b/g/n wireless
- Onboard high-gain Bluetooth (up to 1000′)
- Onboard dual-Ethernet
- Fully functional 120/240v AC outlets!
- Includes 16GB internal disk storage
- Includes external 3G/GSM adapter
- Includes all release 1.1 features
- Fully-automated NAC/802.1x/RADIUS bypass!
- Out-of-band SSH access over 3G/GSM cell networks!
- Text-to-Bash: text in bash commands via SMS!
- Simple web-based administration with “Plug UI”
- One-click Evil AP, stealth mode, & passive recon
- Maintains persistent, covert, encrypted SSH access to your target network
- Tunnels through application-aware firewalls & IPS
- Supports HTTP proxies, SSH-VPN, & OpenVPN
- Sends email/SMS alerts when SSH tunnels are activated
- Preloaded with Debian 6, Metasploit, SET, Fast-Track, w3af, Kismet, Aircrack, SSLstrip, nmap, Hydra, dsniff, Scapy, Ettercap, Bluetooth/VoIP/IPv6 tools, & more!
- Unpingable and no listening ports in stealth mode
The Power Pwn also features an unlocked 3G/GSM adapter that’s compatible with GSM carriers in over 160 countries.
A hacker can communicate with the Power Pwn either over the web or via SMS text messaging, and it can be used to launch remote attacks against Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet networks.
The Power Pwn is an amazing bit of kit, but it comes with a hefty price tag — you can pre-order it now for a whopping $1,295. That might seem expensive, but for your dollar you do get a fully comprehensive, virtually undetectable hack tool.
This is a very evil piece of kit.
Thanks to everyone who sent this link to me.